Business License

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


 Apply or Renew Online HERE

Questions? Read: How to apply for a business license


Download a business license application


All businesses conducting business within Town limits must have a Town of Apple Valley business license.

  • Located within Town limits? Download a business license application below, complete and return in person at the Town’s business license division at Town Hall, 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA 92307.


Please note that some businesses may not apply online. These include any business that requires additional permits such as:

  • Food Trucks
  • Solicitors
  • Taxicab Services
  • Taxicab Drivers
  • Secondhand Dealers
  • Restaurants
  • Car Dealers
  • Automotive Repair
  • Schools
  • Massage Establishments
  • Nail, Hair, or Beauty Salons
  • Bingo Permits
  • Cottage Foods
  • Catering Trucks
  • Home Based Businesses
  • Retailers of Alcohol Products

Planning Review. Individuals interested in starting a business within the Town of Apple Valley should discuss their business/activity with a member of the Planning Division at (760) 240-7000, Extension 7200, or by email at Planning.

Certificate of Occupancy.
A Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) is required for all business conducted in commercial buildings including private use of commercial/industrial property. Change of business name and/or ownership will require a new C of O prior to opening. For new tenancy and relocating businesses, an inspection fee of $184.00 will be required during the application process.

In addition to the C of O application, supplement applications for, Victor Valley Water Reclamation Authority (VVWRA) questionnaire and the Apple Valley Fire Protection District (AVFPD) Statement of Intended Use along with inspection fee of $70.00 will be required.

Please provide proof that your contractor’s license with the State of California is valid. Acceptable forms of proof include a copy of your Contractor’s Pocket Identification Card. You can also provide us with a printed copy of your license status report from the state’s website: Select “License Status Check.”

Please provide proof that you have obtained a Sellers Permit from the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA). The Sellers Permit must match the business information on your application for a business license. You can contact the CDTFA by calling (909)-257-2900 or toll free (800) 400-7115.

California Department of Tax and Fee Administration
10760 4th Street, Suite 200 Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730 or visit

Fictitious Business Name Statement
. Please provide proof that you have filed for a Fictitious Business Name Statement. To find out if you are required to file, please contact the San Bernardino County Recorder’s Office, High Desert Government Center at (760) 995-8065 or for a copy of their application form.

In Addition:
Some businesses will be required to obtain a County Health Permit, or other special permits before we can issue the Business License. Please check with the Business License Clerk.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer