A strategic plan is a roadmap for the future and an organization's guiding framework. Its foundation is the vision statement which describes the Apple Valley of the future. Building off of this vision, and the mission of the Town, the strategic plan outlines the programs and actions that must occur in order to realize this future.
The Town Council and staff developed and adopted Vision 2020 in April of 2012.
Printable version here: Vision 2020 Strategic Plan.
Mission Statement: To provide a better way of life through local control of public safety, development, services and amenities; enhancing our residents’ lives and providing for our community’s future.
Vision Statement: A premier community, full of first-class amenities, events, and employment opportunities, Apple Valley will lead the High Desert in public safety and environmental stewardship defining “A Better Way of Life.”
- A SAFE COMMUNITY - Maintain and enhance the high level of public safety in Apple Valley.
- ADEQUATE AND WELL MAINTAINED INFRASTRUCTURE - Provide the infrastructure necessary for Apple Valley's residents and businesses to live and grow.
- A THRIVING ECONOMY - Enhance and expand the Town's economic base.
- A STRONG TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM - Develop and maintain a comprehensive transportation system.
- AMPLE PARKLAND AND DIVERSE RECREATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES - Maintain the Town's network of parkland and recreational opportunities.
- HIGHEST QUALITY STAFF - Retain the highest quality Town staff.
- PROMOTE PARTNERSHIPS - Develop meaningful partnerships in both the public and private sectors, increasing opportunities for funding projects and supporting economic development.
- REVENUE GENERATION - Explore options for departments to provide revenue generating services. Identify potential revenue streams in both public and private sectors.