APPLE VALLEY PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
THURSDAY, June 5, 2008
TOWN COUNCIL CHAMBERS
14955 DALE EVANS PARKWAY
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS INVITED. If you wish to be heard on any item on the agenda, please so indicate by filling out a REQUEST TO SPEAK form at the Commission meeting. Place the request in the Speaker Request Box on the table near the Town Clerk or hand to the Town Clerk at the meeting. (G.C. 54954.3 (a)).
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
CALL TO ORDER:
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
Anyone wishing to address an item not on the agenda or an item that is not scheduled for a public hearing at this meeting may do so at this time. California State Law does not allow the Commission to act on items not on the agenda, except in very limited circumstances. Your concerns may be referred to staff or placed on a future agenda.
1. Approval of Minutes for Park and Recreation Commission Meeting
A. Regular Meeting – May 1, 2008
B. Joint Meeting with the Equestrian Advisory Committee – May 8, 2008
Approve the minutes for the meetings of May 1, 2008 and May 8, 2008.
2. Approval of Parks and Recreation Division Monthly Report
Approve the monthly report for April 2008.
3. Presentation on Boys and Girls Club Programs
Informational only; no action required.
4. Change in Commission Meeting Schedule
(1) Approve the change of the regularly scheduled Park and Recreation
(2) Determine which month to begin the alternating monthly meeting schedule.
5. Review and Approval of User Fees – 2008-09 Fiscal Year Budget
(1) Review and Discuss;
(2) Approve Program Fees
6. Discussion on Changing Name of Brewster Park
7. Discussion on Implementation of Non-Resident Fee Structure for Facility Rentals and Recreation Programming
(2) Provide direction
DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC SERVICES REPORT
COMMUNITY SERVICES MANAGER’S REPORT
PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDAS