APPLE VALLEY TOWN COUNCIL/
December 8, 2009
The Town Council/Redevelopment Agency Regular Meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m., with Closed Session items first and the remainder of the Regular Meeting immediately following. The meeting will occur in the Council Chambers located at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway in Apple Valley, California.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS INVITED. Any member of the public may speak on any matter within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency. If you wish to be heard on any item on the closed session or remaining items of this Regular Meeting agenda, including matters not on the agenda but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency, please so indicate by filling out a REQUEST TO SPEAK form and place the request in the Speaker Request Box on the table near the Town Clerk or hand to the Town Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or before the item or matter is heard. No action or discussion shall be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda, except that members of the Town Council/Redevelopment Agency or its staff may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed by persons exercising their public testimony rights under Section 54954.3. Public Comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
The Town of Apple Valley recognizes its obligation to provide equal access to those individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (760) 240-7000 two working days prior to the scheduled meeting for any requests for reasonable accommodations.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY MEETING – 6:30 p.m.
Allan_____, Coleman_____, Sagona_____, Mayor Pro Tem Nassif_____, Mayor Roelle_____.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CLOSED SESSION
A. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of the Government Code Section 54956.9 (one or more potential cases).
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Boy Scout Troops
2. Selection of Mayor and Mayor Pro TemporeRecommendation:
(1) Council to select one of its number as Mayor; and
(2) Council to select one of its number as Mayor Pro Tempore.
RECESS FOR REORGANIZATION
a. Mayor’s Plaque – Mayor Roelle for his term as Mayor on the Town Council for the period December 2008 to December 2009.
b. Teen Zone Awards – Volunteer Service
c. Civic Center Parking and Circulation Plan – Brad Miller, Town Engineer
COUNCILMEMBER COMMENTS AND COMMITTEE/COMMISSION PARTICIPATION
TOWN COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Suggested items for next agenda:
Time, Date & Place for Next Town Council Regular or Special Meeting:
A. Regular Meeting – Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 6:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CONSENT AGENDA
Recommendation: Adopt all below listed items on the Consent Agenda in one motion. The Consent Agenda is composed of routine non-controversial items of business and will be adopted in whole in one motion unless a request is made by a Council Member to remove a specific item.
Approve the subject minutes as part of the consent agenda.
Receive and file.
Receive, ratify, and file the commercial warrants as presented.
Receive, ratify, and file the payroll warrant schedule as presented.
Reject the claim of Daryl Bell
Reject the claim of Patrick T. Nichols
Adopt Ordinance No. 402.
Move to receive and file the report and to initiate the proposed Development Code Amendments.
Move to receive and file the report and to initiate the proposed North Apple Valley Industrial Specific Plan amendment.
For good cause shown, approve the waiver of rental fees for use of the James A. Woody Community Center for Mr. Woody’s Memorial Service on December 4, 2009.
For good cause shown, and finding a waiver will serve a public purpose, approve the waiver of the Facility Rental Fee of $2982.40.
Approve the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department’s Proposal to Provide “The Village Enhanced Security Program” in the Village Property and Business Improvement District (PBID).
Authorize “Continuing Appropriations” of Fiscal Year 2008-09 Budget of the Village Property and Business Improvement District Association
That the Town Council authorize the Landscape Maintenance Agreement with Caltrans for the center median of Highway 18, between Navajo Road and Central Road, subject to approval as to form by the Town Attorney and as to content by the Town Manager.
That the Town Council choose one of its members to fill the vacancies on certain Council Boards, Committees and Commissions as shown in the summary sheet attached.
REPORTS, REQUESTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
BUSINESS OF THE COUNCIL
Receive and file.
Approve Annual Budget Report of the Apple Valley Village Property and Business Improvement District Association.
1. That the Town Council and Redevelopment Agency receive and file the CSL International “Minor League Baseball in Apple Valley” feasibility analysis as though fully set forth at length and direct staff to engage Brett Sports & Entertainment, the California League and the National Association of Minor League Baseball to determine whether financial arrangements could be made that would allow the Apple Valley minor league baseball stadium project to move forward; or
2. That the Town Council and Redevelopment Agency receive and file the CSL International “Minor League Baseball in Apple Valley” feasibility analysis as though fully set forth at length and direct staff to engage the California League and National Association of Minor League Baseball for the purpose of engaging directly a California League team that could replace the High Desert Mavericks in the Victor Valley; or,
3. That the Town Council and Redevelopment Agency receive and file the CSL International “Minor League Baseball in Apple Valley” feasibility study as though fully set forth at length and authorize and direct staff to work with the California League and other interested parties in an effort to bring minor league baseball to Apple Valley; or,
4. That the Town Council and Redevelopment Agency receive and file the CSL International “Minor League Baseball In Apple Valley” feasibility analysis as though fully set forth at length and direct staff to take no further action regarding the proposed Apple Valley baseball stadium project.
21. Approval for the Transfer of the Victor Valley Materials Recovery Facility Treasurer Function from the City of Victorville to the Town of Apple Valley
Approve the recommendation of staff to transfer the MRF treasurer function from the City of Victorville to the Town of Apple Valley.
Receive and file.
Adopt Resolution 2009-52, a Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley Amending the Personnel Policies and Procedures.
Informational Item Only.
TOWN MANAGER’S COMMENTS & LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
DEPARTMENTAL REPORTS AND BUSINESS:
Further Closed Session, if necessary and if not completed during the above 6:30 p.m. portion of this agenda, including any or all items described in that portion of this agenda. Reportable actions during closed session will be announced.