APPLE VALLEY TOWN COUNCIL/
March 24, 2009
The Town Council/Redevelopment Agency Regular Meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m., with Closed Session items first and the remainder of the Regular Meeting immediately following. The meeting will occur in the Council Chambers located at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway in Apple Valley, California.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS INVITED. Any member of the public may speak on any matter within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency. If you wish to be heard on any item on the closed session or remaining items of this Regular Meeting agenda, including matters not on the agenda but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency, please so indicate by filling out a REQUEST TO SPEAK form and place the request in the Speaker Request Box on the table near the Town Clerk or hand to the Town Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or before the item or matter is heard. No action or discussion shall be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda, except that members of the Town Council/Redevelopment Agency or its staff may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed by persons exercising their public testimony rights under Section 54954.3. Public Comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
The Town of Apple Valley recognizes its obligation to provide equal access to those individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (760) 240-7000 two working days prior to the scheduled meeting for any requests for reasonable accommodations.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY MEETING – 6:30 p.m.
Allan_____, Coleman_____, Sagona_____, Mayor Pro Tem Nassif_____, Mayor Roelle_____.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CLOSED SESSION
A. Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation under Government Code Section 54956.9(a) – Town of Apple Valley vs. High Desert Community Foundation Inc., San Bernardino Superior Court Case No. CIVSS 806940.
B. Negotiations with Real Property Negotiator – Parcel Numbers: 0440-012-23, 0440-012-58, and 0440-012-04. Vacant land located between South Road and Keator Road, one half mile East of Dale Evans Parkway, adjacent to Brewster Park. Town Negotiator(s)--Town Manager or Assistant Town Manager or Designee. Negotiations involve both price and terms
C. Conference with Legal Counsel-Existing Litigation under Government Code
Section 54956.9(a) – Deep Creek Agricultural Association vs. Town of Apple Valley, HDC Group LLC, San Bernardino Superior Court Case No. CIVSS 709146.”
D. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of the Government Code Section 54956.9 (one potential case).
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
APPLE VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE – BUSINESS RETENTION UPDATE
COUNCILMEMBER COMMENTS AND COMMITTEE/COMMISSION PARTICIPATION
TOWN COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Suggested items for next agenda:
Time, Date & Place for Next Town Council Regular or Special Meeting:
A. Regular Meeting – Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 6:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
Recommendation: Adopt all below listed items on the Consent Agenda in one motion. The Consent Agenda is composed of routine non-controversial items of business and will be adopted in whole in one motion unless a request is made by a Council Member to remove a specific item.
Approve the subject minutes as part of the consent agenda.
3. Treasurer’s Report – Month of February 2009
Receive and file.
4. Commercial Warrant Schedule
That the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley receive, ratify, and file the commercial warrants as presented.
5. Payroll Warrants Schedule
That the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley receive, ratify, and file the payroll warrant schedule as presented.
6. Enactment of Resolution Relating to Reorganization of Town Management
Adopt Resolution Number 2009-09, a Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley Amending the Salary Schedules and the Employee Classification Plan
7. Formal Amendment to the Adopted Budget
Approve Budget Amendment Request and formally amend the adopted budget.
8. Emergency Repairs - Apple Valley Golf Course Water Well
Authorize an additional emergency repair expenditure of $5,000 ($75,000 total) to complete the required repairs to the Apple Valley Country Club well.
CONTINUED FROM MARCH 10, 2009
9. Appeal No. 2009-001 of the Planning Commission’s Denial of Tentative Tract Map TTM No. 18732, a Request to Subdivide a Total of 5.47 Net Acres into Eight (8) Single-Family Residential Lots Located within the Residential Equestrian (R-EQ) Zoning District. The Proposed Tentative Tract Map Depicts Eight (8) Lots, Ranging from 28,314 to 29,620 Square Feet in Size.
Open the public hearing and take testimony. Close the public hearing. Then move to:
1. Pursuant to the State Guidelines to Implement the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) a Mitigated Negative Declaration has been prepared. However, due to the Planning Commission direction to draft “Findings” for denial, this project is considered Exempt due to Section 15270 (a) – projects in which the local authority denies.
2. Find the Facts presented within the staff report for the Council hearing of March 10th, including the information within the Planning Commission’s report for February 4, 2009, reflecting the public and Commissioner’s comments at the hearing, and the record as a whole as discussed by the Council, do not support the required “Findings” necessary to approve TTM No. 18732, and deny Appeal 2009-001.
REPORTS, REQUESTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
BUSINESS OF THE COUNCIL
10. PMC Consulting Presentation – Vision 2020 Strategic Plan
Provide direction to staff
That the Town Council take no action on this item until there is a financing mechanism in place, either public or private, to fund the program.
Approve the recommendation of staff to transfer the VVEDA treasurer function from the City of Victorville to the Town of Apple Valley.
Approve the recommendation of staff to enter into the reimbursement agreement with the VVWRA.
TOWN MANAGER’S COMMENTS & LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
DEPARTMENTAL REPORTS AND BUSINESS:
Further Closed Session, if necessary and if not completed during the above 6:30 p.m. portion of this agenda, including any or all items described in that portion of this agenda. Reportable actions during closed session will be announced.