APPLE VALLEY TOWN COUNCIL/
January 12, 2010
The Town Council/Redevelopment Agency Regular Meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m., with Closed Session items first and the remainder of the Regular Meeting immediately following. The meeting will occur in the Council Chambers located at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway in Apple Valley, California.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS INVITED. Any member of the public may speak on any matter within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency. If you wish to be heard on any item on the closed session or remaining items of this Regular Meeting agenda, including matters not on the agenda but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency, please so indicate by filling out a REQUEST TO SPEAK form and place the request in the Speaker Request Box on the table near the Town Clerk or hand to the Town Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or before the item or matter is heard. No action or discussion shall be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda, except that members of the Town Council/Redevelopment Agency or its staff may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed by persons exercising their public testimony rights under Section 54954.3. Public Comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
The Town of Apple Valley recognizes its obligation to provide equal access to those individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (760) 240-7000 two working days prior to the scheduled meeting for any requests for reasonable accommodations.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY MEETING – 6:30 p.m.
Coleman_____, Nassif_____, Roelle_____, Mayor Pro Tem Sagona_____, Mayor Allan_____.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CLOSED SESSION
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
- Jenni Kramer, Code Enforcement Technician
- Jonathan Wood, Code Enforcement Officer
1. SB 375 - Hasan Ikhrata, SCAG Representative
2. Granite Mountain Wind Turbine Project – Mr. Lou Monville
APPLE VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE – BUSINESS RETENTION UPDATE
COUNCILMEMBER COMMENTS AND COMMITTEE/COMMISSION PARTICIPATION
Boards, Committees and Commissions
TOWN COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Suggested items for next agenda:
Time, Date & Place for Next Town Council Regular or Special Meeting:
A. Regular Meeting – Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 6:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CONSENT AGENDA
Adopt all below listed items on the Consent Agenda in one motion. The Consent Agenda is composed of routine non-controversial items of business and will be adopted in whole in one motion unless a request is made by a Council Member to remove a specific item.
3. A Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley, California, Authorizing Submittal of Applications to the California Integrated Waste Management Board for 5 Years for CIWMB Tire Grants
Adopt Resolution No. 2010-01, a Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley authorizing the filing of a grant application for funds for the Local Government Waste Tire Cleanup and Amnesty Event Grant Program.
4. Authorize Execution of New Service Agreement for Electronic Waste Recycling with Gold’N West Surplus, Inc.
Authorize Mayor to execute the attached service agreement with Gold’n West Surplus, Inc. for recycling electronic waste received at the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center.
5. Ratify the Local Appointment List (Maddy Act) for the Town of Apple Valley Regular and Ongoing Boards, Commissions And Committees
That the Town Council approve the Local Appointment List (Maddy Act) as presented.
6. Claimant – James and Karen VanDargriff
Reject the claim of James and Karen VanDargriff.
7. Claimant – Estate of Jose Velasquez
Reject the Application for Leave to Present a Late Claim from the Estate of Jose Velasquez.
8. Adoption of Measure I – Local Street Program Capital Improvement Plan for Fiscal Years 2009/2010 through 2014/2015
1. Approve FY 09/15 Measure I, 6-year plan.
2. Adopt Resolution No. 2010-02, a Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley, State of California, Adopting the Measure I Six-Year Capital Improvement Program”.
9. Yucca Loma Bridge Contract Amendment to Expand Final Design Services and Include Project Segments West of the Mojave River
Approve the Yucca Loma Bridge Project Contract Amendment # 3, (Part One), with Dokken Engineering, the design contractor, subject to "Approval as to Form" by the Town Attorney and "Approval as to Content" by the Town Manager. (The amendment requests Final Design and Right-of-Way services for the Apple Valley and San Bernardino County segments of the Yucca Loma Bridge Corridor Project in an amount not to exceed $336,900.00.)
10. Ratify Submission of a Grant Application to the California Emergency Management Agency for the California Gang Reduction, Intervention and Prevention Program for Cities
That the Town Council Ratify Submission of a Grant Application to the California Emergency Management Agency for a Gang Reduction Intervention and Prevention Program.
11. Ratify Submission of a Grant Application to the California Emergency Management Agency for Construction of an Emergency Operations Center
That the Town Council Ratify Submission of a Grant Application to the California Emergency Management Agency for Construction of an Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
12. Declare Metal Building to be Surplus and Authorize Disposal Pursuant to Municipal Code Section 3.12.320.
Declare the Town’s metal building surplus property of the Town and authorize the Town Manager to approve an acceptable arrangement for demolition and/or disposal of the referenced warehouse at 13450 Nomwaket Road, at the lowest cost and maximum benefit to the Town.
13. Authorization to Permit Greener Dawn, Inc., to Submit a Collaborative Energy Efficiency Grant Application on Behalf of Apple Valley to the California Energy Commission
That the Town Council adopt Resolution No. 2010-03, authorizing Greener Dawn, Inc., to submit a collaborative application on its behalf to the California Energy Commission.
REPORTS, REQUESTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
BUSINESS OF THE COUNCIL
14. California Desert Protection Act of 2010
Provide direction to staff.
15. Request to Rename Mountain Vista Park
Approve the recommendation from the Park and Recreation Commission to rename Mountain Vista Park as “Maggie Cramer Park.”
16. Proposal by the State of California Requesting a Will Serve Letter to Provide Services for a Secure Community Reentry Facility
That the Town Council consider directing staff to grant a will serve letter to the State of California for the purpose of constructing a Secure Community Reentry Facility in Apple Valley.
17. Discussion of Exposed Metal Buildings in the North Apple Valley Industrial Specific Plan (NAVISP)
Move to receive and file the report.
18. Award of a Professional Services Agreement for Forensic Accounting Services Provided to the Village Area Property Business Improvement District (PBID)
That the Town Council approve and adopt the attached Professional Services Agreement between the Town of Apple Valley and Vicenti Lloyd & Stutzman LLP in an amount not to exceed $23,370 and authorize its execution by Mayor, Town Attorney, Town Manager and Town Clerk.
TOWN MANAGER’S COMMENTS & LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
DEPARTMENTAL REPORTS AND BUSINESS:
Further Closed Session, if necessary and if not completed during the above 6:30 p.m. portion of this agenda, including any or all items described in that portion of this agenda. Reportable actions during closed session will be announced.