APPLE VALLEY TOWN COUNCIL/
June 14, 2011
CLOSED SESSION BEGINS AT 5:00 P.M.
REGULAR SESSION BEGINS AT 6:30 P.M.
The Town Council/Redevelopment Agency Regular Meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m., with Closed Session items first and the remainder of the Regular Meeting immediately following. The meeting will occur in the Council Chambers located at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway in Apple Valley, California.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS INVITED. Any member of the public may speak on any matter within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency. If you wish to be heard on any item on the closed session or remaining items of this Regular Meeting agenda, including matters not on the agenda but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency, please so indicate by filling out a REQUEST TO SPEAK form and place the request in the Speaker Request Box on the table near the Town Clerk or hand to the Town Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or before the item or matter is heard. No action or discussion shall be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda, except that members of the Town Council/Redevelopment Agency or its staff may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed by persons exercising their public testimony rights under Section 54954.3. Public Comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
The Town of Apple Valley recognizes its obligation to provide equal access to those individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (760) 240-7000 two working days prior to the scheduled meeting for any requests for reasonable accommodations.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY MEETING – 6:30 p.m.
Coleman_____, Emick_____, Roelle_____, Mayor Pro Tem Stanton_____, Mayor Nassif_____.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CLOSED SESSION
A. Conference With Legal Counsel-Existing Litigation (Subdivision (a) of Section 54956.9) Name of case: Application of Western Water Holdings, LLC, PWC Merger Sub, Inc., Park Water Company (U 134 W), and Apple Valley Ranchos Water Company ((U-346-W) for Authority for Western Water Holdings, LLC to Acquire and Control Park Water Company and Apple Valley Ranchos Water Company
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
PRESENTATIONS: Recognition - Optimist Club
COUNCILMEMBER COMMENTS AND COMMITTEE/COMMISSION PARTICIPATION
TOWN COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Suggested items for next agenda:
Time, Date & Place for Next Town Council Regular or Special Meeting:
A. Regular Meeting – Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 6:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CONSENT AGENDA
Adopt all below listed items on the Consent Agenda in one motion. The Consent Agenda is composed of routine non-controversial items of business and will be adopted in whole in one motion unless a request is made by a Council Member to remove a specific item.
Approve the subject minutes as part of the consent agenda.
1. Staff recommends that the Town Council adopt Resolution No. 2011-20 “ A Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley, California, authorizing the initiation of proceedings to establish Undergrounding Utility District No. 3 along Yucca Loma Road, between Apple Valley Road and Rincon Road”.
2. Direct the Town Clerk to give notice, by mail, of the time and place of the hearing to all affected property owners as shown on the last equalized assessment roll or as known to the Town Clerk, at least ten (10) days before the date set for the hearing.
Award a contract to Valley Slurry Seal Co. for the Slurry Seal/Micro Surface Project, subject to "Approval as to Form" by the Town Attorney and "Approval as to Content" by the Town Manager
1. Adopt Resolution No. 2011-21, a Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley Directing the Filing of the Annual Report for the Town of Apple Valley Landscaping and Lighting Assessment District.
2. Receive and approve the engineer's report as filed, or as amended.
3. Adopt Resolution No. 2011-22, a Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley Declaring its Intention to Order Improvements and to Levy and Collect Assessments for Fiscal Year 2011-2012.
Staff recommends that the Town Council adopt Resolution No. 2011-19 “ A Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley, California, authorizing the submittal of an application for grant funds from SANBAG’s Transportation Development Act Article 3 for Pedestrian and Bicycle Facilities Program for Phase 2 of the Bear Valley Road Bike Path Project – Cantilevered Bikeway on the Mojave River Bridge”.
1. Accept the work of the attached sixteen (16) prime contractors for the work performed at Town Hall and Police Department buildings and release the total retention in the amount of $30,024.59.
2. Direct the Town Clerk to file a Notice of Completion for their contract work, notify surety, exonerate bonds and notify prime contractors escrow account holders to release withheld retention funds provided no claims are filed against the contractor or Town
3. Direct the Finance Director to release retained funds 30 days after the filing of the Notice of Completion, or notify prime contractors escrow account holders to release the withheld retention funds, provided no claims are filed against the contractor or Town.
Accept and approve the invoice submitted by Cooley Construction under the terms of the Town’s Street Maintenance Services Contract FY2010-11, approve and authorize a budget amendment appropriating $218,583.96 from the unallocated wastewater fund balance and approve a budget amendment #11-42.
That the Town Council Adopt Resolution No. 2011-23 approving the submittal of an application for Statewide Park Program grant funds.
10. Treasurer’s Report – Month of April 2011
Receive and file.
Receive, ratify, and file the commercial warrants as presented.
Receive, ratify, and file the payroll/benefits warrants as presented.
13.A Request For Adoption Of Resolution 2011-24 Of The Town Council Of The Town Of Apple Valley Accepting Reimbursement Of The Costs For Development Of Public Infrastructure Improvements Within The Town From The Victor Valley Economic Development Authority And Ratifying The Execution And Delivery Of A Proposed Amendment No. 1 To The Reimbursement Agreement
That the Town Council Adopt Resolution No. 2011-24 and approve Amendment No. 1 to the Reimbursement Agreement between the Victor Valley Economic Development Authority and the Town of Apple Valley.
That the Town Council Approve a License Agreement between Southern California Edison and the Town of Apple Valley to Install Signs, Flags and Banners on SCE Streetlight Poles within the Town’s Right-of-Way.
Mayor Pro Tem Stanton to nominate: , to the Town of Apple Valley Planning Commission.
REPORTS, REQUESTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
BUSINESS OF THE COUNCIL
That the Town Council Approve the Fiscal Year 2011-12 Budget of the Apple Valley Village Property and Business Improvement District Association.
Provide direction to staff.
TOWN MANAGER’S COMMENTS & LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
DEPARTMENTAL REPORTS AND BUSINESS:
Further Closed Session, if necessary and if not completed during the above 6:30 p.m. portion of this agenda, including any or all items described in that portion of this agenda. Reportable actions during closed session will be announced.