APPLE VALLEY TOWN COUNCIL/
JUNE 24, 2014
PLEASE SILENCE CELL PHONES AND PAGERS UPON ENTERING THE CHAMBERS
The meeting will occur in the Council Chambers located at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway in Apple Valley, California.
This is an agenda for the scheduled meeting of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley.
This agenda contains a brief description of each item of business to be considered at today’s meeting. In accordance with the Brown Act, this meeting agenda is posted at least 72 hours prior to the regularly scheduled meeting. The agenda, its supporting documents and all writings received by the Town Council related to these items are public records and available for review during regular business hours in the Town Clerk’s office in the Town Council Chambers. The agenda and its supporting documents, along with live and archived video of the meeting, can be viewed online at http://www.applevalley.org. However, the online agenda may not include all available supporting documents or the most current version of documents.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
Items listed on the Consent Calendar are expected to be routine and non-controversial and, unless the Town Council directs that an item be held for further discussion, the entire Consent Calendar will be acted upon as the first item of business. If the Town Council directs that an item listed on the Consent Calendar be held for further discussion, the item will be addressed immediately after approval of the Consent Calendar.
In accordance with the Rules of Procedure members of the public may address the Town Council on any item on the agenda and on any matter that is within the Town Council’s jurisdiction. To address the Town Council regarding an item, complete and submit the yellow card entitled Request to Speak. Please indicate on the card whether you are speaking under Public Comments or on an item that is listed on the agenda and please list the item number.
When called, approach the podium and please state your name before giving your presentation. Speakers may address the Town Council for up to three (3) minutes. Speakers are to address the Town Council as a whole through the Presiding Officer. Comments to individual Council Members and/or staff are not permitted.
Individuals, who demonstrate disruptive conduct during Town Council meetings that prevent the Town Council from conducting its meeting in an orderly manner, are guilty of a misdemeanor as stated in PC403, disrupting a public meeting, and are subject to removal from the chambers or arrest.
The Town of Apple Valley recognizes its obligation to provide equal access to those individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (760) 240-7000 two working days prior to the scheduled meeting for any requests for reasonable accommodations.
TOWN COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING
CALL TO ORDER THE TOWN COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING – 6:30 p.m.
Emick_____, Nassif_____, Stanton_____, Mayor Pro Tem Cusack_____, Mayor Bishop_____.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
APPLE VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE – QUARTERLY BUSINESS RETENTION UPDATE
COUNCILMEMBER COMMENTS AND COMMITTEE/COMMISSION PARTICIPATION
TOWN COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Suggested items for future agenda:
Time, Date & Place for Next Town Council Regular or Special Meeting:
A. Regular Meeting – Tuesday, July 8, 2014 – Council Chambers at 6:30 p.m.
TOWN COUNCIL CONSENT AGENDA
Recommendation: Adopt all below listed items on the Consent Agenda in one motion. The Consent Agenda is composed of routine non-controversial items of business and will be adopted in whole in one motion unless a request is made by a Council Member to remove a specific item.
That the Town Council approve the subject minutes as part of the consent agenda.
Adopt Resolution No. 2014-21 adopting regulations for candidates for elective office pertaining to candidate statements submitted to the voters at an election, November 4, 2014.
Adopt Resolution No. 2014-28 of the Town Council calling and giving notice of the holding of a General Municipal Election for the election of certain officers as required by the provision of the laws of the State of California relating to General Law Cities.
That the Town Council approve the professional services agreement with Blais & Associates, Inc., for FY 2014-2015 grant management services for an amount not-to-exceed $58,500.
1. That the Town Council adopt Resolution 2014-26 authorizing the submittal of an application to the California State Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) for funding under the CalHome Program for mortgage assistance and owner occupied rehabilitation;
2. Authorize the Town Manager, Frank W. Robinson, and Assistant Town Manager, Lori Lamson, to execute, on behalf of the Town of Apple Valley, the applications, Standard Agreements, and all other documents required by HCD for participation in the CalHome Program, and any amendments thereto.
1. That the Town Council adopt Resolution 2014-25 authorizing the submittal of an application to the California State Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) for funding under the CalHome Program Manufactured Home Set Aside, for mortgage assistance and owner occupied rehabilitation;
2. Authorize the Town Manager, Frank W. Robinson, or Assistant Town Manager, Lori Lamson, to execute, on behalf of the Town of Apple Valley, the applications, Standard Agreements, and all other documents required by HCD for participation in the CalHome Program, and any amendments thereto.
Adopt Ordinance No. 463
8. Adopt Resolution No. 2014-23 – A Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley Amending the Personnel Policy and Procedure Manual, Salary Schedule, and Employee Classification Plan for the Town of Apple Valley
That the Town Council adopt the attached Resolution No. 2014-23, A Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley amending the Personnel Policy and Procedure Manual, Salary Schedule, and Employee Classification Plan for the Town of Apple Valley.
9. Adopt Resolution No. 2014-24 – A Resolution Setting the Time and Place for a Public Hearing on Trash User Fee Increases in an Amount of Between 9.50% and 9.85% and Providing Direction to Staff to Proceed with the Special Notice Proceeding as Required by Law
That the Town Council adopt Resolution No. 2014-24 stating its intention to hold a Public Hearing on August 12, 2014, to increase trash user fees in an amount of between 9.5% and 9.85% and, providing direction to staff to proceed with the special notice proceeding as required by law.
1. Adopt Resolution No. 2014-19, a Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley Directing the Filing of the Annual Report for the Town of Apple Valley Landscaping and Lighting Assessment District.
2. Receive and approve the Engineer's report as filed, or as amended.
3. Adopt Resolution No. 2014-20, a Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley Declaring its Intention to Order Improvements and to Levy and Collect Assessments for Fiscal Year 2014-2015.
4. Direct the Town Clerk to publish the Resolution of Intention at least 10 days prior to the date of the public hearing.
Adopt Resolution Number 2014-27, a Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley, California, amending and establishing specified fees for Town services for Fiscal Year 2014-2015.
12. Adopt Resolution No. 2014-22 - A Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley, California, Amending and Establishing Sewer Connection Fees as Specified to Recover the Costs to the Town and the Victor Valley Wastewater Reclamation Authority (VVWRA) for Future Construction of Public Infrastructure and Improvements
Adopt Resolution No. 2014-22 amending and establishing sewer connection fees as specified.
REPORTS, REQUESTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
BUSINESS OF THE COUNCIL
Receive and file.
Consider initiating a Development Code Amendment and provide direction to staff.
TOWN MANAGER’S COMMENTS & LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
DEPARTMENTAL REPORTS AND BUSINESS:
A. Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation – Pursuant to Paragraph (1) of subdivision (d) of Government Code Section 54956.9, Case Name: Application No. 14-01-002, In the Matter of the Application of Park Water Company-Apple Valley Ranchos Water Company Water System (U346W) for Authority to Increase Rates Charges for Water Service by $3,127,463 or 14.88% in 2015, $2,056,455 or 8.48% in 2016, and $2,160.731 or 8.19% in 2017.