APPLE VALLEY TOWN COUNCIL/
May 10, 2011
The Town Council/Redevelopment Agency Regular Meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m., with Closed Session items first and the remainder of the Regular Meeting immediately following. The meeting will occur in the Council Chambers located at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway in Apple Valley, California.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS INVITED. Any member of the public may speak on any matter within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency. If you wish to be heard on any item on the closed session or remaining items of this Regular Meeting agenda, including matters not on the agenda but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency, please so indicate by filling out a REQUEST TO SPEAK form and place the request in the Speaker Request Box on the table near the Town Clerk or hand to the Town Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or before the item or matter is heard. No action or discussion shall be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda, except that members of the Town Council/Redevelopment Agency or its staff may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed by persons exercising their public testimony rights under Section 54954.3. Public Comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
The Town of Apple Valley recognizes its obligation to provide equal access to those individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (760) 240-7000 two working days prior to the scheduled meeting for any requests for reasonable accommodations.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY MEETING – 6:30 p.m.
Coleman_____, Emick_____, Roelle_____, Mayor Pro Tem Stanton_____, Mayor Nassif_____.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CLOSED SESSION
1. Closed Session
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
COUNCILMEMBER COMMENTS AND COMMITTEE/COMMISSION PARTICIPATION
TOWN COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Suggested items for next agenda:
Time, Date & Place for Next Town Council Regular or Special Meeting:
A. Regular Meeting – Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 6:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CONSENT AGENDA
Recommendation: Adopt all below listed items on the Consent Agenda in one motion. The Consent Agenda is composed of routine non-controversial items of business and will be adopted in whole in one motion unless a request is made by a Council Member to remove a specific item.
A. Regular Meeting – April 26, 2011
Approve the subject minutes as part of the consent agenda.
3. Authorize Sewer Lift Station Capacity Analysis Study
Approve and authorize payment in the amount of $11,000 to So & Associates Engineers for costs associated with the preparation of a capacity analysis study for the AD3A system and authorize the attached budget amendment.
1. Accept the work for the skate park improvements on Town Project 2010-PR01 for a total cost of $239,956.00.
2. Direct the Town Clerk to file the Notice of Completion for the contract work, notify surety and to exonerate contract bonds.
3. Direct the Finance Director to release retained funds 35-days after the filing of the Notice of Completion, provided no claims are filed against the contractor.
Adopt attached Ordinance No. 419, Modifying Chapter 6.20 of the Town of Apple Valley Municipal Code, Solid Waste Regulations
6. Adopt Resolution Number 2011-14, A Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley, California, Amending Resolution No. 2010-49, Rule 1 And 11 of the Town of Apple Valley Rules of Procedure for Town Council Meetings
Adopt Resolution Number 2011-14, a Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley, California, amending Resolution Number 2010-49, Rule 1 and 11, of the Town of Apple Valley Rules of Procedure for Town Council Meetings.
7. Treasurer’s Report – Month of March 2011
Receive and file.
8. Commercial Warrants Schedule – Month of March 2011
Receive, ratify, and file the commercial warrants as presented.
9. Payroll/Benefit Warrants Schedule – Month of March 2011
Receive, ratify, and file the payroll/benefits warrants as presented.
10. Final Public Hearing - Consolidated Plan Fifth-Year Action Plan for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and the Home Investment Partnerships (HOME) Programs for Fiscal Year 2011-2012
1. Open public hearing.
2. Close public hearing.
3. That the Town Council approve the Community Development Citizen Advisory Committee recommendations for funding proposed projects under the 2011/2012 CDBG and HOME programs as part of the Town’s Fifth-Year Action Plan, which is an integral component of the Consolidated Plan, approve the draft Action Plan and authorize the Town Manager to execute all necessary HUD documents on behalf of the Town for submission to HUD.
11. A Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley, California, Establishing and Modifying Specified Program Fees for Certain Park and Recreation Services for 2011-2012 Fiscal Year
Adopt Resolution No. 2011-15, a resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley, California, establishing and modifying specified park and recreation program fees for certain park and recreation services for 2011-2012 fiscal year.
REPORTS, REQUESTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
BUSINESS OF THE COUNCIL
13. SB 286 (Wright) – Redevelopment
Provide direction to staff.
14. Apple Valley Country Club Purchase Options
1. Approve funding the purchase of the Golf Club from the sale of the water rights from the Golf Club Fund to the Wastewater Fund in the amount of $2,900,000, and
2. Approve Resolution No. 2011-16 establishing a policy to approve loans and advances between Town Funds.
15. Group Home/Residential Care Facility Discussion
That the Town Council receive and file this staff report.
TOWN MANAGER’S COMMENTS & LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
DEPARTMENTAL REPORTS AND BUSINESS:
Further Closed Session, if necessary and if not completed during the above 6:30 p.m. portion of this agenda, including any or all items described in that portion of this agenda. Reportable actions during closed session will be announced.