The Town of Apple Valley invites skilled volunteers to assist with ongoing Town activities. Download a volunteer application or read more about current volunteer positions.
- Are you over 18?
- Would you enjoy working at special events such as Concerts in the Park or the 4th of July Freedom Festival?
- Do you have skills that could be used for the benefit of the community? Computer skills, AutoCAD (drafting), data entry, filing, office work?
- Is there a regular time during the week when you could volunteer a couple of hours of service for the community?
- Are you a college student who would like to build some hours of real-time experience into a resumé?
The Town of Apple Valley has benefited from thousands of hours of volunteer service over the years. Volunteers have walked dogs, blown up balloons, passed out brochures, manned booths and picked up litter. They have shredded documents, made copies, written thank you notes and taken files apart for destruction or archiving. They have also contributed to policy development, research projects and marketing and outreach efforts.
- After eight hours of training, Master Composter volunteers have taught composting classes, led library story times and conducted elementary school classes on composting with worms (vermicomposting).
- Some volunteers have qualified to ride along with Code Enforcement or Animal Control officers to learn about their jobs and explore possible career opportunities.
- Volunteers who like to work around animals provide much-needed assistance at the Town’s Animal Shelter six days a week by introducing adoptive families to prospective pets, socializing dogs and cats, chasing the tortoises, fostering young animals and, of course, cleaning kennels!
All volunteer applicants are fingerprinted, and DMV records must be free of any violations for the past five years. After a successful application, your information will be maintained on file. If a specific department requests volunteers you may be contacted.
Need for volunteer assistance varies throughout the year. If you are interested in exploring the possibilities, please call 240-7000 x 7600, or come by Town Hall to pick up an application from the receptionist. If you qualify but we cannot use your assistance immediately, we will keep your application on file for later reference.