The Town of Apple Valley Emergency Services Program is a collaborative partnership with the Apple Valley Fire Protection District.
Emergency management programs provide the means for a community to be ready for any type of disaster using a multi-hazard approach for either a natural, manmade or technological catastrophe. For instance, flooding may occur in low-lying areas of the high desert with very little precipitation, while we have also been victim to wildland fires; yet, earthquakes remain our most serious threat. As a community, we want to be prepared because disasters are relatively unexpected and pose a danger to the health, lives, and environment of the community.
The Apple Valley Emergency Services Program focuses on the five phases of emergency management:
The program consists of the following:
- Apple Valley Disaster Council
- Emergency Operations Center and staff
- Emergency Operations Plan
- Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Training, drills and exercises
- Compliance with Federal and State mandates, including National Incident Management System (NIMS), Incident Command System (ICS) and the Standardized Emergency Management System (SEMS)
- Participation with the San Bernardino Operational Area (OA), and High Desert Community Organizations Active in Disasters (COAD)
- Coordination with local stakeholders, i.e., government agencies, medical facilities, schools, businesses, non-profit organizations, community-based organizations, faith community, etc.
- Public education programs and presentations about emergency preparedness to community groups and organizations; individuals, and businesses.
During a disaster, professional emergency personnel will be overwhelmed. That is why we all need to be responsible, self-sufficient and prepared. Now is the time to develop your Preparedness Plan for your family and/or your business. Disasters start locally and end locally -- let's be sure we are ready!
Who to contact...
Town of Apple Valley
Department of Government Services
14955 Dale Evans Parkway
Phone: 760-240-7000 ext. 7800
Fax: (760) 961-6241