APPLE VALLEY PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
THURSDAY, February 2, 2012
TOWN COUNCIL CHAMBERS
14955 DALE EVANS PARKWAY
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS INVITED. If you wish to be heard on any item on the agenda, please so indicate by filling out a REQUEST TO SPEAK form at the Commission meeting. Place the request in the Speaker Request Box on the table near the Town Clerk or hand to the Town Clerk at the meeting. (G.C. 54954.3 (a)).
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
CALL TO ORDER:
COMMISSIONERS Hinkle_____, Martin _____, Smith_____,
Chairperson Khoury _____, Vice-Chairman Tatera_____,
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
Anyone wishing to address an item not on the agenda or an item that is not scheduled for a public hearing at this meeting may do so at this time. California State Law does not allow the Commission to act on items not on the agenda, except in very limited circumstances. Your concerns may be referred to staff or placed on a future agenda.
1. Selection of Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson
(1) Commission to select one of its members as Chairperson.
(2) Commission to select one of its members as Vice-Chairperson.
2. Approval of Minutes for Park and Recreation Commission Meeting
Approve the minutes for the meetings of October 6, 2011 and November 3, 2011.
3. Approval of Parks and Recreation Division Monthly Report
Approve the monthly reports for September, October, November and December 2011.
4. Review Recommendations of the Parks and Recreation Budget Ad Hoc Committee and provide input to the Council as to their adoption
The Commission reviews the recommendations of the Ad Hoc Committee and provides recommendations to the Council.
5. Update and discussion of Parks and Recreation Master Plan
No Action Required.
6. Update on Potential 2012-2013 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Projects
Informational purposes only.
7. Update on Healthy Apple Valley Program Funds and improvements to Civic Center Park
Discuss proposed improvements and provide input.
PARKS AND RECREATION MANAGER’S REPORT
PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDAS