APPLE VALLEY PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
THURSDAY, February 4, 2010
TOWN COUNCIL CHAMBERS
14955 DALE EVANS PARKWAY
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS INVITED. If you wish to be heard on any item on the agenda, please so indicate by filling out a REQUEST TO SPEAK form at the Commission meeting. Place the request in the Speaker Request Box on the table near the Town Clerk or hand to the Town Clerk at the meeting. (G.C. 54954.3 (a)).
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
CALL TO ORDER:
COMMISSIONERS Khoury_____, Martin _____, Turnbull_____,
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
Anyone wishing to address an item not on the agenda or an item that is not scheduled for a public hearing at this meeting may do so at this time. California State Law does not allow the Commission to act on items not on the agenda, except in very limited circumstances. Your concerns may be referred to staff or placed on a future agenda.
1. Selection of a Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson
(1) Commission to select one of it’s members as a Chairperson
(2) Commission to select one of it’s members as a Vice-Chairperson
2. Approval of Minutes for Park and Recreation Commission Meeting
A. Regular Meeting – December 3, 2009
Approve the minutes for the meeting of December 3, 2009.
3. Approval of Parks and Recreation Division Monthly Report
Approve the monthly report for November and December 2009.
4. Review and Approval of Program Fees – 2010-11 Fiscal Year Budget
1) Review and Discuss;
2) Approve Program Fees
5. Request to Name a Facility (Civic Center Amphitheater) after former Apple Valley High School Band Director, Bob Nygaard
(1) Direct staff to send a letter to the Apple Valley Unified School District with information from request asking them to work with possible naming of facility at Apple Valley High School.
(2) Work with group to memorialize Mr. Nygaard in an appropriate way adhering to the adopted Recognition Plaques and Memorials Policy CS4.
6. Update on Recently Adopted Sports User Group Field and Facility Scheduling Policy
Informational Purposes Only.
PARKS AND RECREATION MANAGER’S REPORT
PARK AND RECREATION COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDAS