APPLE VALLEY TOWN COUNCIL
March 25, 2008
The Town Council’s Regular Meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m., with Closed Session items first and the remainder of the Regular Meeting immediately following. The meeting will occur in the Council Chambers located at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway in Apple Valley, California.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS INVITED. Any member of the public may speak on any matter within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council. If you wish to be heard on any item on the closed session or remaining items of this Regular Meeting agenda, including matters not on the agenda but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council, please so indicate by filling out a REQUEST TO SPEAK form and place the request in the Speaker Request Box on the table near the Town Clerk or hand to the Town Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or before the item or matter is heard. No action or discussion shall be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda, except that members of the Town Council or its staff may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed by persons exercising their public testimony rights under Section 54954.3. Public Comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
The Town of Apple Valley recognizes its obligation to provide equal access to those individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (760) 240-7000 two working days prior to the scheduled meeting for any requests for reasonable accommodations.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER – 6:30 p.m.
COUNCILMEMBERS: Allan_____, Nassif_____, Roelle_____, Mayor Pro Tem Sagona_____, Mayor Jasper_____.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
1. Closed Session
A. Personnel Matters – Government Code Section 54957(e) Public Employee Performance Evaluation Title: Town Manager
B. Negotiations with Real Property Negotiator – Parcel Number: 3087-391-04 located at 13450 Nomwaket Road, Apple Valley; Negotiating Parties: Borges, Edward G and Jean C.; Town Negotiator(s)--Town Manager or Finance Director or Designee. Negotiations involve both price and terms.
C. Negotiations with Real Property Negotiator – Parcel Number: 3087-391-01 & 02 located at Powhatan and Quinnault Roads, Apple Valley; Negotiating Parties: Carl Jones; Town Negotiator(s) – Town Manager or Finance Director or Designee. Negotiations involve both price and terms.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
St. Mary Medical Center – Community Benefit – Mr. Kevin Mahaney
Victor Valley College - Wind Turbine Program – Dr. Robert Silverman
COUNCILMEMBER COMMENTS AND COMMITTEE/COMMISSION PARTICIPATION
Boards, Committees and Commissions
TOWN COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Suggested items for next agenda:
Time, Date & Place for Next Town Council Regular or Special Meeting:
A. Special Meeting – Friday, March 28, 2008, 8:00 a.m. – Council Chambers
B. Regular Meeting – Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 6:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
Recommendation: Adopt all below listed items on the Consent Agenda in one motion. The Consent Agenda is composed of routine non-controversial items of business and will be adopted in whole in one motion unless a request is made by a Council Member to remove a specific item.
2. Approval of Minutes of the Town Council
A. Regular Meeting – March 11, 2008
Approve the subject minutes as part of the consent agenda.
3. Adopt Ordinance No. 378, An Amendment To The Development Code By Assigning Zoning Designations To Approximately 122,921 Acres Of Land Located Outside The Town Boundary, To The North, East And South Of The Town Limits. In Conjunction With The Zoning Assignments, Amendments To The Development Code Relating To Residential Zones, And Their Development Standards, Are Also Proposed.
Adopt Ordinance No. 378
4. Award Contract for the Dakota Road and Altadena Street Improvement Project 2008-01
Award a contract to Cooley Construction Inc., for the Dakota Road and Altadena Street Improvement Project, subject to "Approval as to Form" by the Town Attorney and "Approval as to Content" by the Town Manager.
5. Review And Approve Construction Specifications For The Slurry Seal 2008 Project, And Authorize Staff To Proceed With Advertisement For This Project.
Review and approve specifications for the Slurry Seal 2008 Project and direct staff to proceed with advertising the project.
6. A Resolution Of The Town Council Of The Town Of Apple Valley Approving The Submittal Of The Town Of Apple Valley General Plan Annual Report To The Governor’s Office Of Planning And Research And The State Department Of Housing And Community Development.
Adopt Resolution No. 2008-13, a resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley approving the submittal of the Town of Apple Valley General Plan Annual Report to the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research and the State Department of Housing and Community Development.
7. Civic Center Park Amphitheater Rental and Use Policy
Review and Approve the Amphitheater Rental and Use Policy
REPORTS, REQUESTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
BUSINESS OF THE COUNCIL
8. Introduce Ordinance No. 379, Amending Chapter 6.20 of the Town of Apple Valley Municipal Code Relating to Solid Waste Regulations by Adding Section 6.21 Mandating Participation in the Town’s Solid Waste Handling Services Program and Amending Municipal Code Section 6.20.160 0 Making a Violation for Said Chapter a Misdemeanor.
1. Waive The Reading of Ordinance No. 379 and Read By Title Only.
2. Introduce Town Council Ordinance No. 379, An Ordinance Of The Town Council Of The Town Of Apple Valley, California, Amending Chapter 6.20 Of The Town Of Apple Valley Municipal Code Relating To Solid Waste Regulations By Adding Section 6.21 Mandating Participation In The Town’s Solid Waste Handling Services Program And Amending Municipal Code Section 6.20.160 O Making A Violation For Said Chapter A Misdemeanor.
TOWN MANAGER’S COMMENTS & LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
DEPARTMENTAL REPORTS AND BUSINESS:
Further Closed Session, if necessary and if not completed during the above 6:30 p.m. portion of this agenda, including any or all items described in that portion of this agenda. Reportable actions during closed session will be announced.