APPLE VALLEY TOWN COUNCIL/
February 9, 2010
The Town Council/Redevelopment Agency Regular Meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m., with Closed Session items first and the remainder of the Regular Meeting immediately following. The meeting will occur in the Council Chambers located at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway in Apple Valley, California.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS INVITED. Any member of the public may speak on any matter within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency. If you wish to be heard on any item on the closed session or remaining items of this Regular Meeting agenda, including matters not on the agenda but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency, please so indicate by filling out a REQUEST TO SPEAK form and place the request in the Speaker Request Box on the table near the Town Clerk or hand to the Town Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or before the item or matter is heard. No action or discussion shall be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda, except that members of the Town Council/Redevelopment Agency or its staff may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed by persons exercising their public testimony rights under Section 54954.3. Public Comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
The Town of Apple Valley recognizes its obligation to provide equal access to those individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (760) 240-7000 two working days prior to the scheduled meeting for any requests for reasonable accommodations.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY MEETING – 6:30 p.m.
Coleman_____, Nassif_____, Roelle_____, Mayor Pro Tem Sagona_____, Mayor Allan_____.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CLOSED SESSION
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
Employee of the Quarter – Jonathan Wood, Code Enforcement Officer
Recognition Award - Deputy Cahow, Apple Valley Police Activities League
COUNCILMEMBER COMMENTS AND COMMITTEE/COMMISSION PARTICIPATION
TOWN COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Suggested items for next agenda:
Time, Date & Place for Next Town Council Regular or Special Meeting:
A. Regular Meeting – Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 6:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CONSENT AGENDA
Recommendation: Adopt all below listed items on the Consent Agenda in one motion. The Consent Agenda is composed of routine non-controversial items of business and will be adopted in whole in one motion unless a request is made by a Council Member to remove a specific item.
Approve the subject minutes as part of the consent agenda.
Reject the claim of Alicia Godoy
Receive and file.
Receive, ratify, and file the commercial schedule as presented.
Receive, ratify, and file the payroll warrant schedule as presented.
7. Adopt Ordinance No. 403, An Amendment To Title 9 "Development Code" Of The Town Of Apple Valley Municipal Code By Amending Section 9.78 “Wind Turbines” Of The Code As It Relates To Site Development Standards For All Wind Energy Conversion Systems Located Within The Town Of Apple Valley.
Adopt Ordinance No. 403.
Authorize Mayor to execute the attached Transit Station License Agreement with Walmart for the bus stop and shelter located on its property at 20251 Highway 18, Apple Valley, California.
Move to receive and file the report and to initiate the proposed Development Code Amendment.
10. Change Order for Audio Visual Security Data and Phone LinesRecommendation:
Approve Change Order to RDM Electrical Contractors in an amount not to exceed $141,368.09.
1. Award the professional services contract in the not to exceed amount of $145,802.00 to MIG, Inc., for professional services for the preparation and development of the Parks and Recreation Master Plan Update subject to “Approval as to Form” by the Town Attorney and “Approval as to Content” by the Town Manager.
2. These expenditures are currently unbudgeted and staff requests an additional appropriation be made to Account Code 2510-6820-8940.0000 with a transfer coming from the Quimby Fund. It should be noted that the Quimby Fund currently has only $110,136 available. The balance of $35,666 will come from future Quimby Fees.
12. Adopt Resolution No. 2010-09 to Record Delinquent Utility Fees and Costs and Code Enforcement Fees Against Real Property Located in the Town of Apple Valley and Directing that Said Assessments Constitute a Lien Upon said Properties
1. Open the Public Hearing. Close the Public Hearing
2. Adopt Resolution No. 2010-09, confirming delinquent utility fees and costs against real property located in the Town, and directing that said assessments constitute a lien upon said properties.
Mayor Allan to nominate: , to the Town of Apple Valley Parks and Recreation Commission.
REPORTS, REQUESTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
BUSINESS OF THE COUNCIL
That the Town Council Reconsider its prior motion relating to a letter of Support in Concept of the California Desert Protection Act of 2010.
Receive and file.
Confirm the recommendation of the AVCCAC, direct staff to prepare a bid package, advertise the work and receive bids for the construction of a new irrigation well for the Apple Valley Country Club Golf Course and return a contract for Town Council approval at a future Council meeting.
TOWN MANAGER’S COMMENTS & LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
DEPARTMENTAL REPORTS AND BUSINESS:
Further Closed Session, if necessary and if not completed during the above 6:30 p.m. portion of this agenda, including any or all items described in that portion of this agenda. Reportable actions during closed session will be announced.