APPLE VALLEY TOWN COUNCIL/
June 8, 2010
The Town Council/Redevelopment Agency Regular Meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m., with Closed Session items first and the remainder of the Regular Meeting immediately following. The meeting will occur in the Council Chambers located at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway in Apple Valley, California.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS INVITED. Any member of the public may speak on any matter within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency. If you wish to be heard on any item on the closed session or remaining items of this Regular Meeting agenda, including matters not on the agenda but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency, please so indicate by filling out a REQUEST TO SPEAK form and place the request in the Speaker Request Box on the table near the Town Clerk or hand to the Town Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or before the item or matter is heard. No action or discussion shall be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda, except that members of the Town Council/Redevelopment Agency or its staff may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed by persons exercising their public testimony rights under Section 54954.3. Public Comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
The Town of Apple Valley recognizes its obligation to provide equal access to those individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (760) 240-7000 two working days prior to the scheduled meeting for any requests for reasonable accommodations.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY MEETING – 6:30 p.m.
Coleman_____, Nassif_____, Roelle_____, Mayor Pro Tem Sagona_____, Mayor Allan_____.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CLOSED SESSION
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
PRESENTATIONS: San Bernardino County Fair
APPLE VALLEY PROPERTY BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT UPDATE
COUNCILMEMBER COMMENTS AND COMMITTEE/COMMISSION PARTICIPATION
Boards, Committees and Commissions
TOWN COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Suggested items for next agenda:
Time, Date & Place for Next Town Council Regular or Special Meeting:
A. Regular Meeting – Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 6:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CONSENT AGENDA
Recommendation: Adopt all below listed items on the Consent Agenda in one motion. The Consent Agenda is composed of routine non-controversial items of business and will be adopted in whole in one motion unless a request is made by a Council Member to remove a specific item.
Approve the subject minutes as part of the consent agenda.
Receive and file.
4. Commercial Warrant Schedule – April 2010
Receive, ratify, and file the payroll warrant schedule as presented.
5. Payroll/Benefits Warrants Schedule– April 2010
Receive, ratify, and file the payroll warrant schedule as presented.
6. Investment Policy
Adopt Resolution No. 2010-22, establishing the Town of Apple Valley Investment Policy for Fiscal Year 2010-2011.
Adopt RDA Resolution No. 2010-01, determining that the Planning and Administration Expenses budgeted for Fiscal Year 2009-10 in the Housing Funds are necessary for the production, improvement and/or preservation of affordable housing for the Low and Moderate Income Households.
8. A Resolution Approving a Budget Appropriation and Adopting the Agency Budget for Fiscal Year 2010-11
Adopt RDA Resolution No. 2010-02, Approving a Budget Appropriation and Adopting the Agency Budget for Fiscal year 2010-11.
Adopt Resolution No. 2010-23, Establishing the 2010-11 Fiscal Year Appropriation Limit for the Town of Apple Valley.
10. A Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley, California Amending Resolution 2009-19 Approving a Budget Appropriation and Adopting the Budget, Including the Operating and Capital Improvement Budget for Fiscal year 2010-11
Adopt Resolution No. 2010-24, approving a budget appropriation and adopting the budget, including the Operating and Capital Improvement Budget for Fiscal Year 2010-11. Responsibility.
11. Acceptance of Work, Notice of Completion and Release of Retention for the Town of Apple Valley Municipal Animal Shelter Project
1. Accept the work of the attached 12 prime contractors for the work performed at the Municipal Animal Shelter and release the total retention in the amount of $352,023.63.
2. Direct the Town Clerk to file a Notice of Completion for their contract work, notify surety, exonerate bonds and notify prime contractors escrow account holders to release with held retention funds provide no claims are filed against the contractor or Town
3. Direct the Finance Director to release retained funds 30 days after the filing of the Notice of Completion, or notify prime contractors escrow account holders to release the withheld retention funds provided no claims are filed against the contractor or Town.
That the Town Council adopt Resolution 2010-25 authorizing the submittal of an application to the California State Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) for funding under the CalHome Program; and authorize the Town Manager or other authorized signature authority to execute, on behalf of the Town of Apple Valley, the application, the Standard Agreement, and all other documents required by HCD for participation in the CalHome Program, and any amendments thereto.
13. Adopt Ordinance No. 409 of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley Amending Sections 3.12.230 and 3.12.270 of the Town of Apple Valley Municipal Code Relating to Purchasing Limits
Adopt Ordinance No. 409.
14. Award Contract for the Construction of the new Public Works Facility
Award construction bid(s) as highlighted on the attached bidding summary for those trades indicated and authorize staff to contract with those contracting firms subject to “Approval as to Form” by the Town Attorney and “Approval as to Content” by the Town Manager.
15. Lighting and Landscape Assessment District #1 - Engineer’s Annual Report and Levy of Assessment for FY 2010-2011
1. Adopt Resolution No. 2010-26, a Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley Directing the Filing of the Annual Report for the Town of Apple Valley Landscaping and Lighting Assessment District.
2. Receive and approve the engineer's report as filed, or as amended.
3. Adopt Resolution No.2010-27, a Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley Declaring its Intention to Order Improvements and to Levy and Collect Assessments for Fiscal Year 2010-2011.
REPORTS, REQUESTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
BUSINESS OF THE COUNCIL
16. Consideration of SANBAG Report Proposing Possible Changes to Victor Valley Transit Authority (VVTA) Structure
Provide direction to the Apple Valley VVTA Board member.
17. Happy Trails Villas
That the Town Council receive and file the report
18. Review and Approve Report Examining the Processes and Procedures of the Village Area Property Business Improvement District (PBID)
That the Town Council review and approve the attached Confidential Report of Investigation prepared by Vicenti Lloyd & Stutzman LLP concerning the Apple Valley Property and Business Improvement District.
TOWN MANAGER’S COMMENTS & LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
DEPARTMENTAL REPORTS AND BUSINESS:
Further Closed Session, if necessary and if not completed during the above 6:30 p.m. portion of this agenda, including any or all items described in that portion of this agenda. Reportable actions during closed session will be announced.