APPLE VALLEY TOWN COUNCIL/
May 25, 2010
The Town Council/Redevelopment Agency Regular Meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m., with Closed Session items first and the remainder of the Regular Meeting immediately following. The meeting will occur in the Council Chambers located at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway in Apple Valley, California.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS INVITED. Any member of the public may speak on any matter within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency. If you wish to be heard on any item on the closed session or remaining items of this Regular Meeting agenda, including matters not on the agenda but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency, please so indicate by filling out a REQUEST TO SPEAK form and place the request in the Speaker Request Box on the table near the Town Clerk or hand to the Town Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or before the item or matter is heard. No action or discussion shall be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda, except that members of the Town Council/Redevelopment Agency or its staff may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed by persons exercising their public testimony rights under Section 54954.3. Public Comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
The Town of Apple Valley recognizes its obligation to provide equal access to those individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (760) 240-7000 two working days prior to the scheduled meeting for any requests for reasonable accommodations.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY MEETING – 6:30 p.m.
Coleman_____, Nassif_____, Roelle_____, Mayor Pro Tem Sagona_____, Mayor Allan_____.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CLOSED SESSION
1. Closed Session
A. Conference with Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation pursuant to subdivision (b) of the Government Code Section 54956.9 (one potential case).
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
Military Banner Presentation
Healthy Cities Sponsorship – Presentation of check by Evelyn Trevino, San Bernardino County Department of Public Health
State of the Utility Presentation – Nancy Jackson, Southern California Edison
APPLE VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE – BUSINESS RETENTION UPDATE
COUNCILMEMBER COMMENTS AND COMMITTEE/COMMISSION PARTICIPATION
Boards, Committees and Commissions
TOWN COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Suggested items for next agenda:
Time, Date & Place for Next Town Council Regular or Special Meeting:
A. Regular Meeting – Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 6:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CONSENT AGENDA
Recommendation: Adopt all below listed items on the Consent Agenda in one motion. The Consent Agenda is composed of routine non-controversial items of business and will be adopted in whole in one motion unless a request is made by a Council Member to remove a specific item.
Reject the claim of June & Elise Jaramillo
Accept the bid submitted by Artistic Maintenance, Inc. for the Town’s Landscape Maintenance Services Contract, FY 2010-2011, and award a contract for the project to Artistic Maintenance, Inc. subject to “Approval as to Form” by the Town Attorney and “Approval as to Content” by the Town Manager.
5. Award Contract for Street Maintenance Services at Various Locations
Accept the bid submitted by Cooley Construction for the Town’s Street Maintenance Services Contract, FY 2010-2011, and award a contract for the project to Cooley Construction subject to “Approval as to Form” by the Town Attorney and “Approval as to Content” by the Town Manager.
6. Award Contract for Street Striping Services at Various Locations
Accept the bid submitted by JP Striping for the Town’s Street Striping Services Contract, FY 2010-2011, and award a contract for the project to JP Striping subject to “Approval as to Form” by the Town Attorney and “Approval as to Content” by the Town Manager.
7. Award Contract for the Maintenance of Traffic Signals at Various Locations
Approve the contract with Republic ITS for the Traffic Signal Maintenance FY 2010-2011 project subject to “Approval as to Form” by the Town Attorney and “Approval as to Content” by the Town Manager.
8.Review and Approve Construction Plans for the Traffic Signal at Bear Valley Road and Deep Creek Road, and Authorize Staff to Proceed with Advertisement for this Project.
Review and approve construction plans for the Bear Valley Road and Deep Creek Road Traffic Signal Improvements, and direct staff to proceed with the project.
Review and approve specifications for the Dale Evans Parkway Improvement Project and direct staff to proceed with the project.
10. Approve and Authorize an Agreement with San Bernardino County Department of Public Works for development of a new Master Plan of Drainage, (Watershed Management Plan), for the Apple Valley Area.
That the Town Council approve the Master Plan of Drainage Agreement with San Bernardino County, subject to approval as to form by the Town Attorney and as to content by the Town Manager, and authorize the Mayor to execute said Agreement.
11. Acceptance of Work, Notice of Completion, and Partial Release of Retention for the Town of Apple Valley Municipal Animal Shelter Project
1. Accept the work of the attached 15 prime contractors for work performed at the Municipal Animal Shelter and release a total combined retention in the amount of $309,506.79. (Town is holding funds in the amount of $245,611.27 and there are additional escrow held funds in the amount of $63,895.52).
2. Direct the Town Clerk to file a Notice of Completion for said contract work, notify surety, exonerate bonds, and notify the appropriate escrow account holders to release withheld retention funds, (providing that no claims are filed against the contractor or Town prior to Council action).
3. Direct the Finance Director to release retained funds 30 days after the filing of the Notice of Completion, and/or notify prime contractors escrow account holders to release withheld retention funds, (providing no claims are filed against the contractor or Town prior to Council action).
12. Application to San Bernardino Associated Governments for Local Transportation Funds – Article 8 – Other Purpose Claim
Authorize the Finance Manager to apply for remaining Local Transportation Funds – Article 8 – Other Purpose Claim in the amount of $966,108.
Adopt Resolution No. 2010-21, a Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley Amending the Personnel Policies and Procedures.
REPORTS, REQUESTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
BUSINESS OF THE COUNCIL
That the Town Council approve the proposed projects, add the associated costs to the 2010-2011 budget and authorize staff to proceed at the earliest opportunity.
TOWN MANAGER’S COMMENTS & LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
DEPARTMENTAL REPORTS AND BUSINESS:
Further Closed Session, if necessary and if not completed during the above 6:30 p.m. portion of this agenda, including any or all items described in that portion of this agenda. Reportable actions during closed session will be announced.