APPLE VALLEY TOWN COUNCIL/
February 8, 2011
The Town Council/Redevelopment Agency Regular Meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m., with Closed Session items first and the remainder of the Regular Meeting immediately following. The meeting will occur in the Council Chambers located at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway in Apple Valley, California.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS INVITED. Any member of the public may speak on any matter within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency. If you wish to be heard on any item on the closed session or remaining items of this Regular Meeting agenda, including matters not on the agenda but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency, please so indicate by filling out a REQUEST TO SPEAK form and place the request in the Speaker Request Box on the table near the Town Clerk or hand to the Town Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or before the item or matter is heard. No action or discussion shall be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda, except that members of the Town Council/Redevelopment Agency or its staff may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed by persons exercising their public testimony rights under Section 54954.3. Public Comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
The Town of Apple Valley recognizes its obligation to provide equal access to those individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (760) 240-7000 two working days prior to the scheduled meeting for any requests for reasonable accommodations.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY MEETING – 6:30 p.m.
Coleman_____, Emick_____, Roelle_____, Mayor Pro Tem Stanton_____, Mayor Nassif_____.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CLOSED SESSION
1. Closed Session
A. Personnel Matters – Government Code Section 54957/Public Employee Discipline/Dismissal/Release.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
Healthy Apple Valley – Lena Quinonez, Recreation Supervisor
COUNCILMEMBER COMMENTS AND COMMITTEE/COMMISSION PARTICIPATION
Boards, Committees and Commissions
TOWN COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Suggested items for next agenda:
Time, Date & Place for Next Town Council Regular or Special Meeting:
A. Regular Meeting – Tuesday, February 22, 2010, 6:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CONSENT AGENDA
Recommendation: Adopt all below listed items on the Consent Agenda in one motion. The Consent Agenda is composed of routine non-controversial items of business and will be adopted in whole in one motion unless a request is made by a Council Member to remove a specific item.
3. Adopt Ordinance No. 417, An Amendment To Title 9 "Development Code" Of The Town Of Apple Valley Municipal Code By Amending Title 9 “Development Code” Of The Town Of Apple Valley Municipal Code By Amending Section 9.74.040 “Definitions” As It Relates To Kiosk Signs And Amending Chapter 9.74 By Adding Section 9.74.155 “Village District Business Directional Kiosk Signs And Commemorative Banners” As It Relates To Off-Site Kiosk Business Directional Signs And Commemorate Banners On Light Poles Within The Village District
Adopt Ordinance No. 417.
4. A Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley, California, Authorizing Submittal of Applications to the Department Of Resources Recycling and Recovery (Calrecycle) for 5 Years for Calrecycle Grants.
Adopt Resolution 2011-02, a Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley Authorizing the Town Manager to Execute Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) Grants on Behalf of the Town of Apple Valley.
5. A Resolution Of The Town Of Apple Valley, California, Determining The Amount Of Property Tax Revenues To Be Transferred As A Result Of The Pending Reorganization To Include The Annexation To The Town Of Apple Valley From County Service Area 70 As Described In LAFCO No. 3163
Approve Resolution No. 2011-03, of the Town of Apple Valley determining the amount of property tax revenues to be transferred as a result of the pending reorganization to include the annexation to the Town of Apple Valley from County Service Area 70 as described in LAFCO No. 3163.
6.Ratify the Local Appointment List (Maddy Act) for the Town of Apple Valley Regular and Ongoing Boards, Commissions and Committees
That the Town Council approve the Local Appointment List (Maddy Act) as presented.
7. Award Contract for the Yucca Loma Bridge at Mojave River, Clearing and Tree Removal Activities Project 2011-01
Award a contract to Pyramid Building & Engineering Inc., for the Yucca Loma Bridge at Mojave River, Clearing and Tree Removal Activities Project, subject to “Approval as to Form” by the Town Attorney and “Approval as to content” by the Town Manger.
8.Review and Approve Construction Specifications for the Town-Wide Microsurfacing 2010-11 Project, and Authorize Staff to Proceed with Advertisement for this Project
Review and approve specifications for the Microsurfacing 2010 Project and direct staff to proceed with the project.
9. Review And Approve Construction Plans And Specifications For The 2010-11 Drywell Project (Project No. 2010-01) And Authorize Staff To Proceed With Advertisement For This Project.
Review and approve the project documents for the Drywell Project (Project No. 2010-01) and direct staff to proceed with the project.
10. Treasurer’s Report – Month of December 2010
Receive and file.
11. Commercial Warrants Schedule – Month of December 2010
Receive, ratify, and file the commercial schedule as presented.
12. Payroll/Benefit Warrants Schedule – Month of December 2010
Receive, ratify, and file the payroll warrant schedule as presented.
13. Adopt Resolution No. 2011-04, to Record Delinquent Utility Fees and Costs and Code Enforcement Fees Against Real Property Located in the Town of Apple Valley and Directing that Said Assessments Constitute a Lien Upon said Properties
1. Open the Public Hearing. Close the Public Hearing
2. Adopt Resolution No. 2011-04, confirming delinquent utility fees and costs against real property located in the Town, and directing that said assessments constitute a lien upon said properties.
REPORTS, REQUESTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
BUSINESS OF THE COUNCIL
That the Mayor and Town Council Receive and file this report.
15. Approve Bid For Grid-Tied Solar Photovoltaic Power System And Shade Structure And Authorize Mayor To Execute Construction Contract.
1. Waive bid protest by BCE, per opinion of Town Attorney,
2. Award construction bid to SunWize Technologies, Inc,.
3. Authorize the Town Manager to execute contract with SunWize Technologies, Inc., for the construction of a grid-tied photovoltaic power system, pending approval of modified project by the Department of Energy and confirmation of federal funding, and
4. Appropriate $75,000, 33% ($25,000) each from Waste Management fund, Wastewater fund, and Facility Maintenance fund to pay construction costs.
16. A Resolution Of The Town Council Of The Town Of Apple Valley Approving Participation In The Institute For Local Government’s Recognition Program, The Beacon Award: Local Leadership Toward Solving Climate Change.
Adopt Resolution No. 2011-05 and direct staff to complete application to participate in the Beacon Award program.
17. A Resolution in Opposition to the Governor’s Proposal to Abolish Redevelopment Agencies in California
That the Town Council Adopt Resolution No. 2011-06, Opposing the Governor’s Proposal to Abolish Redevelopment Agencies in California.
TOWN MANAGER’S COMMENTS & LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
DEPARTMENTAL REPORTS AND BUSINESS:
Further Closed Session, if necessary and if not completed during the above 6:30 p.m. portion of this agenda, including any or all items described in that portion of this agenda. Reportable actions during closed session will be announced.