APPLE VALLEY TOWN COUNCIL/
June 28, 2011
CLOSED SESSION BEGINS AT 5:00 P.M.
REGULAR SESSION BEGINS AT 6:30 P.M.
The meeting will occur in the Council Chambers located at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway in Apple Valley, California.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IS INVITED. Any member of the public may speak on any matter within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency. If you wish to be heard on any item on the closed session or remaining items of this Regular Meeting agenda, including matters not on the agenda but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council/Redevelopment Agency, please so indicate by filling out a REQUEST TO SPEAK form and place the request in the Speaker Request Box on the table near the Town Clerk or hand to the Town Clerk at the beginning of the meeting or before the item or matter is heard. No action or discussion shall be undertaken on any item not appearing on the posted agenda, except that members of the Town Council/Redevelopment Agency or its staff may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed by persons exercising their public testimony rights under Section 54954.3. Public Comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker.
The Town of Apple Valley recognizes its obligation to provide equal access to those individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (760) 240-7000 two working days prior to the scheduled meeting for any requests for reasonable accommodations.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted to the Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the Town Clerk’s Office at 14955 Dale Evans Parkway, Apple Valley, CA during normal business hours. Such documents are also available on the Town of Apple Valley website at www.applevalley.org subject to staff’s ability to post the documents before the meeting.
CALL TO ORDER THE REGULAR SESSION OF THE TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY MEETING – 6:30 p.m.
Coleman_____, Emick_____, Roelle_____, Mayor Pro Tem Stanton_____, Mayor Nassif_____.
(WHERE APPROPRIATE OR DEEMED NECESSARY, ACTION MAY BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM LISTED IN THE AGENDA)
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CLOSED SESSION
1. Closed Session
A. Negotiations with Real Property Negotiator – Property located at 15200 Rancherias Road, Apple Valley; Negotiating Parties: David Tolsma, President, Apple Valley Country Club; Town Negotiator(s): Town Manager or Finance Director or Designee. Negotiations involve both price and terms of payment.
INVOCATION: Pastor Patrick D. Foy, United in Christ Baptist Church
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
PRESENTATIONS: MEEC Solar Presentation - Eventov
APPLE VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE – BUSINESS RETENTION UPDATE
COUNCILMEMBER COMMENTS AND COMMITTEE/COMMISSION PARTICIPATION
Boards, Committees and Commissions
TOWN COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Suggested items for next agenda:
Time, Date & Place for Next Town Council Regular Meeting:
A. Regular Meeting – Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 6:30 p.m. – Council Chambers
TOWN COUNCIL/REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY CONSENT AGENDA
Adopt all below listed items on the Consent Agenda in one motion. The Consent Agenda is composed of routine non-controversial items of business and will be adopted in whole in one motion unless a request is made by a Council Member to remove a specific item.
For good cause shown and finding a waiver will serve a public purpose, approve the waiver of Special Event Permit and park rental fees for the Rotary Club of Apple Valley.
That the Town Council authorize the release of a Request for Proposals (RFP) for consulting services in the preparation of the Five-Year Consolidated Plan and Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing for the period covering 2012 – 2016.
5. A Request for Adoption of Resolution 2011-28 of the Town Council of the Town of Apple Valley Accepting Reimbursement of the Costs for Development of Public Infrastructure Improvements Within the Town from the Victor Valley Economic Development Authority and Ratifying the Execution and Delivery of a Proposed Amendment No. 1 to the Reimbursement Agreement
That the Town Council Adopt Resolution No. 2011-28 and approve Amendment No. 1 to the Reimbursement Agreement between the Victor Valley Economic Development Authority and the Town of Apple Valley.
Review and adopt the attached Budget Adjustment No. 11-47.
Approved receipt of JAG Grant funding in the amount of $25,085 and appropriation of the funds to the Public Safety Grant Fund to pay expenses as listed in the attached memorandum from Captain Bart Belknap.
1. Adopt Resolution Number 2011-34 approving the reclassification of the various components of fund balance as defined in Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Statement Number 54; and
2. Delegate to the Director of Finance the authority to determine the reclassifications and portion of the fund balance to be reported as assigned in the Town’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
Adopt Resolution No. 2011-33 establishing the Town of Apple Valley’s adopted Investment Policy for Fiscal Year 2011-12.
10. A Resolution Requesting that the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) Initiate Proceedings for the Annexation of Parcels West of Dale Evans Parkway, North of Johnson Road, East of U.S. Interstate 15, and South of Morro Road, also known as the “Golden Triangle”, under Annexation No. 2008-001.
Continue Annexation No. 2008-002 to the regular scheduled meeting of the Town Council on July 12, 2011.
Continue Underground Utility District No. 3, along Yucca Loma Road between Apple Valley Road and Rincon Road to the regular scheduled meeting of the Town Council on July 12, 2011.
REPORTS, REQUESTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
BUSINESS OF THE COUNCIL
That the Town Council and Redevelopment Agency approve the loan agreement in the amount of $3,000,000 between the Town of Apple Valley and AMCAL Multi-Housing, Inc.
Receive and file report.
1. Approve funding the purchase of the Golf Club from the sale of the water rights from the Golf Club Fund to the Wastewater Fund in the amount of $2,900,000; and
2. Approve Resolution No. 2011-29 establishing a policy to approve loans and advances between Town Funds.
15. A Resolution of the Town Council of the Town Of Apple Valley, California, Approving a Budget Appropriation and Adopting the Golf Course Fund Budget for Fiscal Year 2011-12
Adopt Resolution No. 2011-30, approving a budget appropriation and adopting the budget for the Apple Valley Golf Course Fund for Fiscal Year 2011-12.
1. Adopt Resolution 2011-31 to authorize appropriations commencing July 1, 2011, based on prior year spending levels, for a sixty (60) day period, commencing as of July 1, 2011; and,
2. Adopt Resolution 2011-32 authorizing, on an interim basis, the carryover of Fiscal Year 2010-11 year end encumbrances and periodic adjustments to the Fiscal Year 2011-12 budget to reflect encumbered Fiscal Year 2010-11 balances until Fiscal Year 2010-11 is closed out.
Provide direction to staff.
TOWN MANAGER’S COMMENTS & LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
DEPARTMENTAL REPORTS AND BUSINESS:
Further Closed Session, if necessary and if not completed during the above 6:30 p.m. portion of this agenda, including any or all items described in that portion of this agenda. Reportable actions during closed session will be announced.